Mary MacKillop Care Aged Care and Disability Care Adelaide

How To Apply


If you’re thinking about moving into an aged care home that is subsidised by the Australian Government, the first step is to organise a free assessment with an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT, or ACAS in Victoria).

Before applying to move into one of Mary MacKillop Care’s Residential Aged Care facilities you will need to have an approval from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for either Permanent Residential Care or Respite Care or both. If you have not had an assessment done then please contact ACAT as soon as possible.

If you are planning to move into an aged care home for the first time, you will need to have your income and assets assessed by the Department of Human Services to be eligible for government assistance with your care and accommodation costs. This assessment will be used to determine the costs you could be asked to pay and the amount of government assistance.

It is advisable to complete a Request for a Combined Assets and Income Assessment (SA457) as soon as you start considering a move into an aged care home; do not wait until urgent placement is required as this process usually takes a few weeks.

Visit the Department of Human Services’ website for information on the assessment process. You can also download the relevant form from the Department of Human Services website.

Once you have received an Aged Care Approval from the ACAT you can complete an Application Form and submit this form along with your ACAT approval to our admissions team. The contact details are on the application form.

As there may be a waiting list for accommodation it is advisable to provide this information as soon as possible. Each applicant’s individual circumstances are considered to ensure that accommodation vacancies are appropriate for the applicant and are allocated to applicants with the greatest need.

It is important that the information provided reflects the applicants current needs so please advise us of any changes in personal circumstances, as such changes may affect care needs or urgency of placement.

When your application has been received we may contact you for further information.

If you would like more information about our Residential Care facilities and the waitlist please contact us by email: with the name of the care facility in the email subject line, or telephone: 8408 0610.

Please download our Application Form below.

  • A  A  A  A